- Canyon Country
A Guide to
Visiting Lake Powell and a
Information Pack for $14.00
- Fred’s Guide to Lake Powell
- Lots of good advice on visiting the lake itself. Visit
“Bays” link for a clickable map with annotated satellite photos
of the whole lake.
Lake Powell map in PDF format
- The web site of the glossy visitor magazine.
- Several similar tourist info websites:
- Page Arizona & Lake
- Go-Arizona, Lake
Lake Powell Vacations
- Travel West
lots of information about Lake Powell and other lakes along the Colorado
River. See in particular, their
Lake Powell Information.
Destination Lake Powell
Yahoo City Guide
Lake Powell Yacht Club
Canyon Natural History Association
- The GCNHA a non-profit organization dedicated to education,
interpretation, and research within Glen Canyon National Recreation
Area. They feature a unique bookstore of Lake Powell related
Government / History
- Glen Canyon
- Everything official from the National Park Service related to
their administration of Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon National
Natural History Association
Page - Lake
Powell Chamber of Commerce
Listing of local businesses.
Powell History by Tiffany Maple
Commercial Outfitters / Boat and Jetski Rentals
- Aramark is the sole concessionaire within GCNRA. Any boat
rentals, lodging, fuel, or food sold within the NRA is supplied
However, you can rent toys from outfitters in Page, and bring them to
Water World 928-645-8845 605 Haul
89 to Haul Road. East to 605 Haul Road. Grey metal building with
blue trim on right)
Jetski and other
Skylight Boat Rentals
Twinfinn.com -- Kayak
Boating -- houseboats, ski boats and jetskiis
Also see their hiking, jeep and Navajo tours.
Cell Phone rental
in Page rents
Verison cell phones for use on houseboat trips (928-645-6664).
Satellite Phone rental
Get clear radio reception on the
email: firstname.lastname@example.org 877-968-9500
Want to check your email before or after the trip?
Stop by the
Page Library. 479 S. Lake Powell Blvd, Page. 928-645-4270.
Weather / Moon / Water
Current weather information
- So, what's the weather like right now at the lake? Includes a
Current Lake Level
- More data than you will ever want on Lake Powell water levels.
Searchable database of daily lake levels, flows, and temperatures
dating back to the construction of the dam.
- Moon phase
- Do know
what the moon will be doing during your Lake Powell vacation?
- Photos and hiking guide specializing in the slot canyons of of
the Colorado Plateau. Several sections on Lake Powell area slot
See their hiking, jeep and Navajo tours.
Raft the Colorado River.
- Geology: The Natural Arch and Bridge Society
- Spectacular photo galleries and hiking guides specializing in
the natural arches of the world, many of which are near Lake
Powell. Great links area, too.
- Fishing: Waynes Words
- The definitive Lake Powell fishing site. Lots of other good
information and great links here, too.
Panoramas of Lake Powell
- by David Herberg.
Lake Powell Pictures
- Collection of so-so Lake Powell pictures.
Some wonderful photos of Lake Powell.
Friends of Lake Powell
Countering the crazies who want to drain the
Appreciating Lake Powell
Save the Lake
American Watercraft Association
How to keep the lake clean:
- Minimum impact practices
Leave No Trace
Email Groups / Bulletin Boards
- Lake Powell Yahoo group
- This is where the Lake Powell aficionados hang out, both expert
and newbie. Great discussions, and an enthusiastic and expert
Has a bulletin board with discussions about
Lake Powell (most, but not all, related to fishing).
How to tie various knots (see
especially the bowline and cleat hitch):
Some Personal Lake Powell & Houseboat Web